I am New in XDA-DEV this is my first day (I HAVE 3 WEEK'S NOW) & my first post was a NEW CUSTOM KERNEL for Samsung Galaxy Y in a thread on General Section, it was just a test. but we to got a perfect kernel for this Device.
We Need Testers and devs to help with ideas or anything you can.
1 : Put the Ext4.zip on Your SD-Card. (SKIP IT : NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NOW) 2 : Extract The Content of Sustem.zip to the Root of your SD-Card (DRIVE_LETTER:/system). LINK ADDED BELOW. 3 : Flash the Kernel Via Odin (YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT THERE IS MANY OTHER METHODS). 4 : Boot into CWM Recovery. 5 : Install Ext4.zip.(SKIP IT : NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NOW) 6 : Wipe DATA & CACHE (NOT NEDDED BUT PREFERABLE). 7 : Don't Worry @ The First Boot, You Need To Reboot TWICE. 8 : Check the Stability & Speed. 9 : ENJOOOOOOY.
FOR THE 1.0.8 VERSION AND ABOVE:
You will see a new folder on the rot of the SD Card Called (scripts)
this folder is for the scripts you want add them into init.d folder.
all you need is put the scripts you want into it and reboot twice.
OLD WORKING VERSIONS : SOME VERSIONS ARE DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS (Borocken)
ALPHA VERSIONS :
Version 0.5.2 ALPHA.
Version 0.5.7 ALPHA.
RC VERSIONS :
Version 0.6.80 RC.
Version 0.7.00 RC 10.(1Ghz but Lag)
Version 0.7.50 RC 20.(900Mhz FIXED SD_CARD Probleme)
Version 0.8.50 RC 10.(A2SD, SU, Busybox, Data on SD. - Steel need fixes -)
RC/CWM VERSIONS :
Test Version CWM.
Version 0.8.70 RC 80, Have CWM.
PRE-BETA VERSIONS :
Version 0.9.90 PRE-BETA.
Version 0.9.98 PRE-BETA.
BETA/CWM VERSIONS :
Version 1.0 BETA 1.
Version 1.0 BETA 2.
FINAL VERSIONS :
Version 1.0.0 FINAL.
Version 1.0.1 FINAL.
Version 1.0.5 FINAL. (have a bug need to wipe data )
Version 1.0.8 FINAL. (Sdcard not mount at boot for all roms)
Version Pre-2.0 FINAL. (Awesome Great Stable Version)
Download the following and place to the Root Of SD card CWM KernelUpdate.zip Ext4 MerrukTechnology v2.0 Pre-Final(boot.img ONLY) System 1.0.8
(Note : For system 1.0.8 it contains "system" folder, extract that folder and place in root of SD card) Now we are all set
1. Turn off phone and boot into CWM
(Note: To boot into CWM press Vol Up, Home, and Power at the same time and in the stock recovery choose update from zip and select the CWM.zip)
2. Once in the CWM recovery, simply choose install from zip and select KernelUpdate.zip
(Note : Kernel Update.zip looks for a boot.img file in SD card and flashes it)
3. After successful kernel up press power to return to CWM
4. Press Reboot now, and your kernel is updated
5. Reboot twice and it will automatically delete the system folder in SD card
6. Repeat step 1 and select install from zip, this time choose the Ext4.zip
7. Press power to return to CWM and Press Reboot now
INSTRUCTIONS : Short PDA Flashing Guide
- download the .tar file
- install Kies, or Samsung driver pack
- download Odin3 1.84 or 1.85 (download links above)
- stop Kies
- stop all active ADB sessions
- start odin
- power off Your SGY
- boot into download mode
- Press Vol Down, Home, and Power at the same time
- When (about 5 sec) Warning screen appears, release Volume Down and Power, then (a bit later) Home
- press Vol Up (You'll get Odin mode screen)
- in the PDA field, browse for the kernel tar
- leave all other fields and checkboxes default!
- connect your phone, You must see yellow 0:[COMxx] in the first ID:COM and "Added" in the message box
- Start flashing by the START button.
- flashing will start immediately, see the progress in the message box, and progress bar on the phone
- Wait 1-3 minutes, until green PASS! in the upper left
- SGY will reboot, leave it as is for 2-5 minutes until startup finishes
Here's how to do a logcat, providing you have installed android sdk.
1. Turn off your phone (if stuck, just remove the battery).
2. At your command prompt, do "adb logcat > logresult.txt".
3. Plug your phone to your usb and power it.
4. After at least 1-2 minutes or until the phone has fully booted up, terminate your logcat session (ctrl+c).
By then you have created a logresult.txt which contains your logcat entries. PM your results to the devs.
I am Compiling The kernel for Samsung Galaxy Y.First of all I have to say that I don't have this device.so You guys are my only hope to test the kernel.I have successfully Compiled my first kernel which do not contain any additional features.I was posting my kernel in the maroc-OC's kernel thread.Now that I was able to compile a bootable kernel I am starting this thread to avoid confusion among the users.
version 0.1 added adb suport added init.d added dnsproxyd
version 0.2 added droidwall support version 0.3 added cpu governors ( conservative, userspace, powersave ) version 0.3.1 added cpu governor (interactive ) thanks infarburgs for governor !
version 0.3.5 added cpu governor smartassV2
Version 0.4.0 added swap suport zramswap zramswap compression ! Version 0.6.0 applied patch CPUSpy support app (http://goo.gl/qEQxw) 3 cpu frequencies (312,624 and 832 mhz) fixed error in reading CPU clock
Version 0.6.5 add i/o schedulers cfq-iosched deadline-iosched sio-iosched vr-iosched
Version 0.7.0 support EXT2/3/4 and JBD2 fixed compatibility with alls governors tweaked ondemand governor and smartassV2
Version 0.7.2 RC fixed init.d (no work )
Version 0.7.3 fixed init.d (finally)
Version 0.8.0RC using merruk ramdisk! added clockwork! added root (super user) added busybox added other things !
Version 0.8.0 RC 2 removed superuser (90 % user using custom roms ) fixed compatibility with roms !
Version 0.8.0 RC 3 fixed busybox fixed compatibility with alllllls roms ! (creeds,repencis,bla bla ,blu blu !!